Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome to the family

There are three of us.  Numero Uno consists of the daddy himself, Richard.  He's my husband and best friend.  And my most favourite person in the world.  If anyone knows me better than myself, it would be him.  I've never been akin to likening my partner as my better half, but I guess in this case, he is.  Without Richard, I couldn't do half the things I needed to get done in a day, week, year, lifetime.

Below, is me and and him, celebrating our son's 2nd birthday.  I remember when all three of us blew out the candles, I had a flashback, like a movie reel of when Liam was first born.  Richard was next to me while I was on the operating table and we didn't know what sex our baby was.  I remember when the doctor pulled him from me and pronounced he was a boy, you wouldn't have found a happier man.  He was still grinning from ear to ear when he looked over him on the scales, checking all his vital bits and our boy did a massive wee all over him.  Such a proud moment! Anyway, that flashback bought tears to my eyes, because our son is 2...and don't we just know it.

In black and white glory is Liam and every day I gaze into those huge peepers and can't believe how lucky we got.  He's a fully charged energizer bunny (who wouldn't be after 12 hours sleep each night) who makes us laugh every day.  The vocab is coming on thick and fast and now we can have a proper conversation with him, we also have to keep in mind that our potty mouths need to be censored.  Such is life with a toddler.

Without these two men in my life, I really do think something would be missing.  They inspire me to be a better, nicer and healthier person.  I love them with all my heart and they keep pushing me along, even when I don't believe in myself.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to see you back blogging Jo. I am sure 2011 will bring you some wonderful things to write about

Rosa said...

Lovely pics of you all! What an adventure it will be on the road to a 3 year old!