Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goodbye baby, hello beautiful boy

The time has come for Liam to say goodbye to the cot and change table (and nappies hopefully!) and have a big boy bed.  Its exciting, yet sad, that this baby stage passed by so quickly.  A lot of people told me to enjoy the baby that Liam was, because it would fly by, and guess what?  They were so right.

Rich and I have done a lot of research and we have finally come up with some ideas on what we'd like to do for Liam's room.  We are really excited about creating a little haven for him and now that we are home owners and can paint walls, we are even more excited about looking at colour charts to get the base colour right.

We've picked out the black, wrought iron-style bed at Ikea and will start on this project when Richard's parents head back to the UK at the end of this month.

What I love about the pictures below is the photo wall.  I am definitely going to create a wall like this in Liam's new room.  Also the rug is perfect for Liam as he is obsessed with cars and can use it to run his cars over.  The decal on the wall looks like bubbles coming out of the lamp.  I am also going to get an artist friend to do some canvases for me to use for the photo wall.  We also really like the duck egg blue colour, so will use this to paint the wall.

I can't wait to start decorating!



2 comments:

Jen said...

Love it! His room is going to look awesome. We have done so little decorating in Maggie's room... we figured we will wait until she is old enough to pick some things out. But I think she may be ready for a toddler bed soon too. Where did our babies go??

Unknown said...

Have fun Jo - I loved transforming Raya's room. Liam will love what you create I am sure