Thursday, January 20, 2011

3 boys and a little lady

Isn't it funny how life works out?  I am the eldest of four.  The only girl with three brothers.  I remember pleading with my mum when I was 8.  'Mum, please can this baby be a girl?'.  I remember being in class when the school secretary came in and told me in front of the class I had a new baby brother.  I knew that was pretty much it, there was going to be no sister as this was mum's last child. 

Now, my two younger brothers and I are parents and we have created four grandchildren for my parents.  One girl and three boys.  Charlie is the eldest.  And what a little lady she is.  Beautiful, kind, funny and the perfect little mother.  Taking care of her cousins and making sure everyone is ok. 

Tonight I took Liam to my mum's after work to visit his cousins Jack and Harry who were up from Dunsborough.  I love watching the three of them together.  Liam is six months younger than Harry and Harry was still calling him Baby Liam and kissing him.  They run around the garden making so much noise.  Boys love to kick footies, defy death on their scooters and ram trucks into each other.  It reminds me of when I was younger and I'd watch my brothers play.

Its like life has come full circle again.  I love those 3 boys and the little lady. xxxx





No comments: