Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It takes a village to raise a child...



This African proverb 'It takes a village to raise a child', is so true. 

When I moved to London in 2002 and fell in love with a beautiful man, I don't think either of us knew how hard it would be when we had our own family.  Richard will never stop coming from London and I will never stop coming from Perth.  In the seven years we have been together there have been a fair amount of comprimises. 

It doesn't get much harder when your husband has to farewell his parents after a two month visit.  My inlaws saw plenty of milestones during their time in Perth - Liam's 3rd Xmas and 2nd birthday party.  I can see the love and joy in their eyes when they spend time with Liam and the bond they share with him is a beautiful thing to watch.

I really feel for my husband today because it is so very hard to say goodbye to your parents, holding your baby and waving them off at the airport with tears in your eyes.  They have been wonderful to Liam and their help in the last two months has been really appreciated.

So, thankyou Joe and Mary.  I hope you have a safe trip home and remember Liam always says goodnight to your picture.

xxx

No comments: