Friday, February 11, 2011

My friend Trevor (Bridget)...




Sometimes you meet the most special people in the most unlikely of places.  It was 2002 and I knew it was time for me to leave Perth and explore a bit more of the world.  So one day, I woke up and decided to move to London. 

I googled and found that a lot other twenty somethings where doing the same thing too.  Call it a rite of passage, but there are some of us in this world who need to go find ourselves and travelling is a pretty good way to do it.

I came across a website about moving to London and got chatting to a girl called Bridget.  She lived in Brisbane and was moving over the same time as me.  We exchanged emails and talked on the phone a lot.  When we got to London, we met up and had dinner and we just hit it off.  We've been best mates ever since.

We've been through a lot my friend Trevor and I.  I don't know why I started calling her Trevor and I don't know why she calls me Trevor.  There have been late night phone calls, holidays together, drunken escapades, dancing till the wee hours of the morning, witnessing each other getting married, celebrating our sons coming into the world...the list goes on and I am sure there will be many more things we experience together.

Despite living on opposite sides of Australia, we keep in touch.  It may not be as often, but whenever we talk its like time hasn't passed.

Bridget and Hamish are coming over to Perth at the end of this month and I can't wait.  Our boys will play together on the beach and we can catch up on everything and anything.  I want Bridget to have a beautiful, relaxing holiday because she deserves it. 

She is a wonderful friend and has always been there for me.  I'm so lucky to have a gorgeous friend like Trevor :)

No comments: