Thursday, February 3, 2011

Loving what you have...



The nice thing about being 36?  I don't give a shit what people think anymore. 

I've come to terms with the fact that I have stretchmarks on my belly.  That's what happens when you get to 42 weeks pregnant and it takes two and half days for your baby to be born.  I like to think of them as my battle scars and the journey I went through to conceive, grow and birth Liam. 

The two scars on the side of my hips, the scar between my breasts and scar under my belly button? Those scars saved my life.  My gall bladder needed to be removed and it was the most physically painful two weeks of my life.

My gappy teeth?  I don't like them and one day I will go and have them capped.  But isn't Australia's new favourite model Jess Hart the proud owner of gappy teeth?  We wouldn't love her as much without that gap.

My c-section overhang?  I'll always have a little pot belly. 

I'm trying to love myself for what I am.  I make the best of what I have.  I have delicate hands, thin ankles and an ample cleavage.  I like to make people laugh and listen if they need someone to talk to or share a problem.  I care about people and want them to be happy.  I know, with the right amount of time, a good makeup artist, hairdresser and good quality underwear, I can look like a hot mamma.

I don't think I'd swap my body or my redeeming qualities with anyone else.  I like myself.  I'm learning to love myself more.  And the best relationship you can have is with yourself.

No comments: