Friday, March 25, 2011

My Best Things In Life









* Best Day Of My Life
I have two.  Marrying my amazing husband.  I cried when we rehearsed our vows, but I couldn't stop smiling on the day itself.  Overall, I felt so proud to be his wife.  And lucky. 

Taking Liam home from hospital was such a beautiful moment.  I remember eating hot eggs and drinking a sweet cup of tea at 6am on a Sunday morning when the midwife told me we were going home that day.  I remember bursting into tears.  I couldn't ever imagine feeling happier.

* Best Role Model
My mum.  Without a doubt.  I just love her so much.

* Best Indulgence
Verve Cliquot Champagne.  Pedicures.  Massages. 

* Best Style Icon
I absolutely adore whatever Louise Redknapp wears.  She is cool, yet classic.

* Best Holiday Destination
It would have to be Madrid.  Sun, late dining, afternoon siestas, shopping and dancing till 6am.  I cried when I left.  What an amazing weekend.

* Best Way To Unwind
Champagne and a good book on the couch.

* Best Drink
As much as I love champagne, I wouldn't say no to a very nice, chilled Cosmo.  Sweet.

* Best Film
Oh.  A toss between 'Life Is Beautiful' and 'Greencard'.  Still my favourite movies after all this time.

* Best Exercise
Walking with the Ipod.  The world is so much more fun with a permanent soundtrack in your ears.  And getting exercise is just a big bonus.

* Best Book
'Recipes For A Perfect Marriage' by Kate Kerrigan.  It made me cry on public transport.

* Best TV Programme
I still love Shameless.  The Street is another fantastic series.  There are just too many to list.

* Best Album
I could not go past 'Grace' by Jeff Buckley.  Candles, wine, a hot bath and Jeff will always make me feel better about the world.

* Best Thing In Life
My husband and my son.  I could not be prouder or more in love with them everyday.



x

No comments: