Saturday, November 26, 2011

Baby names

I found a great website last week with baby names which breaks them down into categories.  So if you are after a 'vintage' or 'cool celeb' or 'royal theme boy/girl' name then you can search away.

We are not finding out the sex, like we did for Liam.  I always had a feeling I was having a boy and that was confirmed when the midwife who looked after me during the pregnancy was there for the c section.  'Oh my god Jo its a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!'.  It was a beautiful moment, I'll never forget it.  We've debated quite a bit as to whether to find out the sex, but we keep coming back to the thrill of not knowing and having the surprise at the end.  What this little baby is meant to be, will be. 

I'll be honest, my heart says girl and I would be so so happy.  I think it comes from being the only girl of four and desperately wanting a sister.  But I do love being a mum to Liam, little boys are just gorgeous and I love the rough and tumble of  them.  I probably wouldn't know what to do with a girl at first!

With Liam, we decided it would be Liam for a boy or Lucy for a girl.  I still like Lucy, but there are some other names I absolutely love.  Liam wants Molly for a girl or Thomas for a boy.  Richard and I really have NOT HAD THE TIME to talk about it at all, so being that I am nearly halfway there, we might want to talk about it.

So here is my shortlist, am pretty sure my husband will vetoe pretty much all of them:

Girl
Sadie
Mabel
Lottie
Lola
Clara
Clancy
Polly
Patsy
Sophie
Florence
Martha
Harriet
Olive
Esther
Elsie

Boy
Finlay
Hugh
George
Ned
Owen
Quinn
Ronan
Rohan
Rory

I guess when I look back over my list they mostly have an English/Irish flavour.  I quite like classic names.

Oh decisions! 

3 comments:

I am who I am said...

Can't wait till you have bub and we learn the name!!!

Simone said...

If I decide to have another and have a girl, the name is on your list ;)

Bradley said...

Jason has always been a winner!