Sunday, April 17, 2011

A right royal wedding



In less than two weeks I will be glued to the tv set to see William and Kate tie the knot.

I remember my mum making a huge deal when Diana and Charles married.  I remember my brothers and I being scrubbed from top to bottom and sitting on the floor in our pyjama's with a bowl of Shepherds Pie to watch it all unfold.  I remember the pomp and ceremony and how beautiful Diana looked.

When I was newly pregnant, my mum came to visit me in Sydney and we went to the Diana exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum.  It was very emotional.  My mum and I cried throughout it.  We saw Diana's dress and the amount of work that went into it.  Diana must have been full of hope and love when she got married.  She was a wonderful mother and had a massive heart. 

I get quite teary thinking about the wedding of William and Kate.  The mother in me is so sad that Diana won't be there to see her son get married, but I am sure she will be there in her own way.  I love her sons, and I for one hope and pray this is blessed and happy union.

I am going to my mum's on the day itself.  We've decided to wear our veils and will be having high tea and a lot of champagne cocktails with some close female friends and family.  I cannot wait and am so excited!

There is nothing better than a royal wedding.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was actually more excited to see the Danish christening of the twins then this upcoming wedding. Colleagues at my work are getting a wedding cake for work on the day of the wedding and High Tea too.

Amy said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun!