Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easter memories...

The Easter break is one of my favourite holidays.  

While I am counting away the days/hours/minutes/seconds to that lovely 5 day break, I take a minute to remember some of the very memorable Easters I have had in the past 3 years. 

Easter 2008

Easter always brings the promise of new life and a few days before Easter,  I found a new life making itself known in my tummy.  I was newly pregnant and enjoying my little bump and the very cute ultrasound picture we were about to obtain.  I'll never forget how hungry I was in the first trimester.  I remember going to a cafe and eating 6 hash browns in one sitting. 





Easter 2010

I'll always remember this time last year as one of the worst and best periods of my life.  I was depressed, moody, cranky, snappy and couldn't find my 'spark' for life.  Little did I know I was not well and instead of listening to my intuition and going to a doctor once and for all to fix this nagging feeling I felt for the previous 18 months, I had let it fester.  My body was telling me something wasn't right.  One day at work, I burst into tears when I couldn't eat my sandwich.  The food I had been eating for the past few days wouldn't go down and I was waking up with severe reflux in the middle of the night.  In the end, my husband took me to the emergency department and I was diagnosed with a severly inflamed liver and a gallbladder that was about to burst.  I've never felt so ill in my life and during those two weeks off work I started to think about all the things that were important in life.  I thought about how much I loved my family and what blessings I had.  I've learnt now how important it is to take care of my health, listen to my body and put myself first.  Now, I am back to my super chirpy self and life is so much better. 


Easter 2011

I can't wait to have those five glorious days off.  We have no plans, no committments.  We have jobs to do around the house and fun places to take Liam.  I'm planning to eat chocolate, snuggle up to my boys, have a long bath, sleep and eat lots of hot cross buns with melted butter.  I'm making new memories with my little family and I hope this year is the beginning health, happiness and fun.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jo we love Easter in our house as well. I am inspired to go and post a similar post on my blog.

2008 - Easter Sunday was the day we were finally allowed to bring home our tiny girl from the SCN.

2009 - Easter Saturday, we were in Paris and Raya crawled for the first time.

2010 - We were home, living by the water and Raya had her first Easter Egg Hunt

2011 - this year we are relaxing, waiting for the Easter bunny and painting eggs {cause Raya hates chocolate}

Have a happy Easter Jo