Friday, October 21, 2011

Triplets


My big news is that I am pregnant.  Not with triplets though, so don't freak out.

When we went for our first dating scan, the sonographer had to do an internal ultrasound to check I wasn't pregnant with twins.  I held my breath for a bit, but no, just the one.  Its been a bit of a joke in our family, twins run on Richard's side.

Today at work I was talking to a colleague of mine who has triplets.  We got talking about routines and all the other stuff you do when you are a parent of young children.  I was so amazed at the sheer amount of hard work he and his wife do as parents of triplets.  I just couldn't imagine having three at one time, I find it challenging being a mum of one and getting my head around having another in 6 months time. 

The universal theme that we agreed on is 'you just get on with it'.  And don't be afraid to ask for help. 

We are really excited about having another little one in our family.  Two is it for us, so I am really looking forward to completing out family unit and watching our two children grow up together.

2 comments:

Mrs S said...

Congratulations :)

Jen said...

Congratulations Jo!! You're not going to believe this, but... I am preggers too, AND I'm due around the same time as you. So we might both end up having Dec 08 AND April 2012 babies. Crazy, huh!