Monday, October 17, 2011

I Don't Know How She Does It

I've just finished reading the book of the same title and really identified with it.  I certainly don't have the same income bracket or high pressure job as Kate Reddy, the main character in the book, but I did understand the frustrations of juggling work and family.
There are days where I feel I don't do my two jobs, motherhood and employee, properly.  Then some weeks it works seamlessly well.  I'm sure its a feeling shared by most working mums.  There was a sentence in the book that said women are now doing men's work, but are still expected to be the doting mother/wife/chief cook/bottle washer.  No wonder we are constantly knackered.

I couldn't imagine not working.  I enjoy the feeling of independence, providing financially for my family and the work that I do.  I also couldn't imagine not being a mother.  I love my son so much, but I couldn't do what I do without a very supportive husband.

Anyway, cannot wait for this movie to come out.  I've heard some bad reviews, but I'll make up my own mind.

Here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn_OrhwIidA

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hmmm...pay to watch a movie about my own life? Or maybe I could just pay people to watch me run around for a day?

Favorite line: 'All those kids' 'I've got two!'. I get this ALL THE TIME!! My work colleagues make me feel like some kind of crazy breeder :P

Mrs S said...

I've read the book too, funnily enough a colleague handed me the book last year just as i returned to work full time. Not sure i'll love the movie - i usually prefer the book but i'll still go & watch it. Any excuse for a girls night out ;)