Sunday, May 8, 2011

Autumn leaves



Down to the park we went, around the corner from our house.

It was early Saturday morning, and most people in our neighbourhood came out to pick up their morning paper from the front lawn and nodded good morning to us as we walked by.  What would take 2 minutes to walk to the park took about 15, but I didn't mind.

Your hand was in mine, and we took the walk as slowly as we could.  You pointed out clouds, fences, mailboxes and cars.  In fact, you seemed to point out things that I wouldn't normally notice.

Loaded up in my arms where a soccer ball and football.  I was planning to kick the ball around with you.  We got to the park and you spotted a pile of neat, crunchy leaves.  You were enthralled by them for about an hour.  You kicked them and threw them up in the air.  You pretended they were fireworks and giggled when a gust of wind blew them up in the air.

I watched you.  You were so happy and in your own little world.  How I loved our little moment together.

Such a beautiful Saturday morning.

x

No comments: