Wednesday, February 29, 2012

When it rains it pours

In the 8 years Richard and I have been together there has never been a year that has gone by where something major hasn't happened to us.  Be it moving countries, starting new jobs, hospital stays, having a baby, moving house, buying a house, the list goes on and on.

When we moved over to Perth in 2009 we decided we just need a couple of years where things would die down a bit so we could settle finally.  Try as we might, the universe just didn't see it that way. 

We are now 7 weeks away from having our second child and I am 4 weeks away from trying to wrap up my very demanding job and leave it in the capable hands of a lovely lady I have worked with for about two years.  I'm nervous about saying goodbye to my job, its a big part of who I am, but it will be there waiting for me when I go back to work in January next year.

Its totally stressing me out and the days are filled with questions and rushing about, trying to waddle my way into the city and get back to the suburbs to pick up Liam again.  I really don't think I can do full time with two kids.  Its going to have to be part time next year.

Secondly, we are in the middle of renovating our home.  We knew it had to get done before the baby was born but what we didn't count on was ripping up tiles on our wedding anniversary, dust akin to ground zero, coughing fits and the general feeling of dust settling INTO EVERYTHING, including our skin.  Thankfully we have tradies at the house today and by Friday our house should look like something semi habitable.

Then there is the nursery to sort out, a baby capsule to fit and me wanting to clean everything in sight.  Second pregnancies are so much different from the first, there is less time to moan and grumble and generally lay about feeling tired.  You feel all those things anyway, but you just know you have to get on with it and get all the jobs done that need to get done during the week at home, at work and with your family.

I wonder how life just got so damn busy in such a short space of time and whatever free time I did have, I wonder what I used to do with it?  I couldn't be happier though, I do love the frenecity and pace of it all.  I am actually looking forward to that hospital stay, I actually think its going to be a good rest for me :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

hehe I feel like you just described my life!

I have no idea what to to do iwth free time if I ever get it!

Ohh and you will wonder why you thought you were busy with one child, when you have a two - its like a whole new level!


And I LOVED my hospital stay, so peaceful :)

All the best xo