Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunrise

Monday, you kicked my arse today.  Why couldn't you give me more hours in the day?  Why couldn't I have had more than 5 mins to wolf down a sandwich at lunchtime?  Why did you decide I had to do a two hour course this afternoon when I had tons of work to do? 

But thankyou for giving me a moment this morning.  Amongst the rushing out the door, arguing about keys with my husband, forgetting to put my wedding rings on and wrangling a brush through my son's hair...you showed me a beautiful start to a hectic day.

'Mummy.  Look at the colours'.

And there it was.  A stunning sunrise.  I kissed Liam's cold cheek and we marvelled at the sky. 

In the car I stared at the sunrise while my husband drove.  I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. 

'Mummy.  Its so pretty'.

1 comment:

I am who I am said...

Bless, Liam is a precious little boy. Nothing can wreck that sunrise at least.