Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend Rituals

48 hours goes by quickly when you work fulltime.  I crave weekends.  It means precious time with my family and a chance to catch up on odd jobs around the house. 

It also means while Liam is napping in the afternoon, I get some very precious time to myself.  I don't have to think about work deadlines, fighting traffic or making it to childcare on time.  In those couple of hours I actually can be on my own.  Its just Jo.  I'm not thinking about being a wife, or mum or employee.  I go off in my own little world and daydream.  I have always done this and I hope it never stops.

Here is what I love about my weekend rituals:


Getting my nails shelac-ed.  Am obsessed and it means my nails last longer than 1 day. 



Spending time in the garden with Rich and Liam.  Getting hosed by Liam.  We all get dirty and have a hot shower at the end of the day.


Reading stories to Liam.  His current favourite is 'The Places You Will Go' by Dr Suess.  Such a great message for kids.  And for adults too.


Singing in the car.  Ministry of Sound have bought out the Classics from 1992 to 2008.  It brings back hazy, happy, tipsy memories.  I've had strange looks at the traffic lights.


Coffee.  How did I live without it.

I hope you had a lovely weekend.

x

1 comment:

I am who I am said...

I love me time too! Currently on me time now, catching up on blogs, sending friends emails. It's so hard to find the time for me time amongst family time, couple time, friend time, house time, chores time!!!